Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wonderful Things Can Come in Small Packages

There are some things you just do not want to let get away from you. A note from a friend, a card from your Mom, and love notes from your sweetheart are a few of the treasures we collect. Other things we collect are quotes we just do not ever want to forget. We have poetry we love, but cannot recite. We have quotes we are afraid we will mess up. There is nothing easier than keeping a journal. You can use any kind of notebook, photo book, or binder. The smaller the better. That means you will keep it close. It might even fit into a purse.

This is a small, oblong photo book that I modified into a very small scrapbook. I made my pages this size and used all my favorite quotes as the centerpiece of each page. I doodled and added all sorts of embellishments.

This one has one of my favorite quotes"Remember friend as you pass by, as you are so once was I. As I am you soon must be, prepare for death and follow me."


Other ideas for journals include spiritual journey journals...travel journals...baby journals...College journals....pregnancy journals....the list is endless!! Make a journal today and enjoy it with your grandchildren in 30 years! Wish I had done this when I was 20!!